Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home1Latest imagesHL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE! Rules17SearchHL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE! Unbanm11RegisterLog inPortal
Similar topics
    Donation Status

HL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE!

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    X_sniper
    Internal Security Officer
    X_sniper

HL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE! Empty
    PostSubject: HL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE!   HL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Hey guys,

I wanted to post some stuff I learned from Steam today. I emailed them and I got a hold of one of their members via phone. I spent an hour talking with him. Learn some valuable stuff today that I would like to share with you.

Hl2.exe error is a common error that ranges from client to client. If you get it, you most likely have some type of problem that the hl2 engines do not like or cannot understand. Happens most of the time with certain scripting, mods, plugins, ect... I want to point out that according to this man, it is very unlikely that this is a server side issue. However he did say that if it was a server issue, it would cause the server to crash sometimes. Just as it does the clients. (I'm going to talk to Riddick to see)

Here are some possible reasons this can happen.

Outdated Video Drivers
    Outdated Sound Card Drivers
    Bad Scripting (Client Scripts = Weapon Scripts, Model Scripts, ect...)
    Fragmented Files
    Corrupted Data (including: maps, game cache, ect...)

Here are some possible fixes that you can try.

Most obvious is to unistall steam: Most of the time it will not work, now that steam has the steam cloud app, it saves all your user settings and files.

You can try running your hl2.exe file in your steam folder as an administrator. Just right click on the file and click "Run as Administrator"

Go into your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username and cut and paste any game that runs off of hl2.exe and move it into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common and then try to run the game , you will get a black screen but just wait it out and the game will end up loading and recreate the files into your steamapps folder and from there on your game will work perfect

You can try setting your flashlightdetail to 0 instead of 1. Causes you to not see flashlight glimpses which will crash your game from the last steam update. Once again only certain users have that problem.

You can try going to Control panel,program & features. Then uninstall Day of Defeat source.
    Then go Local C-drive,program files(x86), Steam,steamapps,(Then your own folder file name e.g John ), then there is a folder called Day of defeat source, DELETE this. In side that folder it contains folders,bin,config,dod,hl2,platform & you guessed it hl2.exe. Its know to work for CSS

If you run vista/ or WIN7 you can do this:
    'computer' - properties,-advanced settings,-advanced,-under performance,-settings,- data execution prevention,-and Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only.

NOTE: I DO NOT RECCOMEND YOU TRY THE NEXT THING IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH REGISTRY KEYS

Verify that you have this specific problem by going to Control Panel>>>Administrative Tools>>>Computer Managment>>>Services and Applications>>>WMI Control. If you right click on WMI control and you get any sort of access denied error, then you need to run this fix.

Go to the command prompt and type this in:

net localgroup Administrators /add Local Service

Then reboot your computer.

After you run that command you can verify its success by typing in:

net Localgroup Administrators

It should spit out something to this effect:

Administrator
    LOCAL
    NT AUTHORITY\SERVICE

The Command Completed Successfully

OR

Download Windows Registry Repair Tool to fix hl2.exe Error. It will change the values to the correct values based on what your system needs. I BEG YOU NOT TO CHANGE VALUES ON YOUR OWN UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. THIS CAN DAMAGE OR HURT YOU COMPUTER.

finally

The last thing he had to say to me was the following: (ITs on Windows 7 Forums)
    He gave me the website = http://www.hl2exeerrorfix.com/

When hl2.exe error appears, it informs that your system is shutting down. The error is disastrous and can corrupt your system. It becomes important to fix hl2.exe error. This error may be the worst experience for your system. If we concentrate over the reasons behind this error then the outcome is the problem in registry section. You may be unknown to the registry files but these are the most important section as they consist of important applications and files needed to run a system. Any abnormality in the registry files can result in the hl2.exe error. To fix the registry issues there is efficient tool so download registry repair tool.

Other than registry, issues running more than two applications can also result in the hl2.exe error. Running too many applications can compete for the resources and the consequence is deadly hl2.exe application error. If there are issues with driver or your driver is old then you need assistance of a professional utility for drivers. Download driver software that updates your driver and fix any kind of issues related to driver
    Back to top Go down
    X_sniper
    Internal Security Officer
    X_sniper

HL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: HL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE!   HL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Wanted to add somthing else I found in the internet.

MOTD Screens crashing client games.

FIX PROPOSED:

console command cl_disablehtmlmotd 0

Try that.
    Back to top Go down

HL2.EXE ERROR INFO HERE!
    Page 1 of 1